Monday, October 8, 2007

cesky krumlov...

hello again, drew here,

another week has passed and we've got so much to tell!!! ... not really, but what we do have to say is pretty interesting...

this past weekend the institute took us to cesky (chesky) krumlov, a quaint little town that seemed to be plucked right out of a fairy tale. it had a castle on a hill with winding cobblestone roads lined with colorful buildings. it's important to mention that c.k. had absolutely no commercial activity which is what made it so charming. no mcdonalds, no tommy hilfiger, no kentucky fried chicken, just local mom & pop restaurants and gift shops. as we climbed the hill to the castle, we were stopped by a moat that caged 2 bears. the bears are now just an attraction, but when the castle was occupied it was guarded by the bears.















during our walk throughout the castle exterior we were stopped by numerous overlooks onto the town. they were all breathtaking. then we walked through castle garden which was a beautiful sight to see since the tree leaves were starting to change to their autumn colors. after roaming the castle we walked back down the hill to further explore the town. we wandered the streets to find chocolatiers, marionette shops, antique shops, and other authentic czech knick knack stores. it was a nice change from the busy streets of prague.





alie and i have decided that cesky krumlov is our favorite town that we have visited, thus far.

classes are beginning to pick up. our first paper was due today and we have alot of reading to do for later this week. school is school, we are just happy to be in prague.

we miss and love you,
drew

6 comments:

Shanna said...

so... where's a picture of the bears?

i love reading this journal because it's like you're telling me these stories only we're in drew's basement in medina, ohio.
alie, the story about you getting separated from the group made me miss you!
i know it's not cool to leave long comments on blogs. gosh. such a dork.

Anonymous said...

I am so amazed by these little towns with shops so "old style". Are you buying anything cool? Marionettes, chocolate? Can not wait to plaster the basement with new pictures of your trip

Anonymous said...

Alie - did you buy any chocolate? Was it 10x better than what we can offer here? Sounds like so much fun. Pics are really beautiful.

Alex said...

Drew,

it'd be really hard to throw a life update right here.
while you're in Europe, you should try to make to Taize France...you wont forget it.

http://www.taize.fr/en

Anonymous said...

Hey Drewbie and Al

i'm sorry that i haven't kept up on your blog lately, but i just got dont reading ALLL the entries i missed. I dont know why, but they are making me cry. I miss you guys so much. I miss you brother, I really do. I wish so badly that I could come out to visit you. It sucks that I can't. I just wanna hug you and hang out and eat sushi and fight over who's iPod we listen to in the car.

I love the photos. They are wonderfullllll. Have a lovely week at classes and I will talk to you soon!! I start my new job at the Battered Womens Shelter (with Ki) as their fill-in secretary this week. I'll work Thursdays and Fridays from 12 to 5 for about 8 weeks. Its gonna be great :)

Stay safe and warm and take photos! Love you.

emelia said...

alie, the pictures remind me so much of romania and hungary! thanks for posting...

when are you coming back? it would be cool to hang out again :)

-emelia (from nelc, remember?)