Tuesday, September 23, 2008

It's been some time.

I've decided to resurrect our Prague Blog. Except we're not on Prague anymore. So I guess I'll have to change the name. I've just been reading more and more blogs lately, so I decided to join the bandwagon (again...).

This summer has been... incredible. Drew and I spent some of June and July in Sudan, and, as expected, it has left imprints in my heart that I encounter every single day. We lived and worked at a children's home that my brother has a fundamental role in, while assisting in the local (and ridiculously understaffed) hospital. I'm not going to get into detail now, but it's entirely probable that I'll write more about the experience in the future, so I thought I'd mention it now.



I know Drew posted this video on his blog, but it's so amazing that I'm posting it also. Seriously, it makes me cry every time, without fail. And do I think the crying is partially influenced by the Whitney Houston music perfectly timed to the movie? Yes, absolutely.



I don't know about you, but I'm pretty stoked about fall. We were out of the country last fall, and though we experienced fall in a totally great way, there's just something about Ohio fall that will always be a little nostalgic for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel honored to be on your blogroll, and sad I didn't find your blogspot sooner. I love the video of the animals and their trainers. I saw that a few months ago and it made me want to cry, and also find a wild animal to befriend as a baby so they would love me like that.